Sunday 6 June 2010

Sunday is Beach Day!

Well, it is.  


Got out of bed, ate, then went with James to the beach for some training.  Cody and Mike turned up, so did Rodney, but Shun's still sick.  I seem to be mostly over it now thanks to my self enforced rest (although my abs are stiff and sore from the BJJ, but the rib thing has gone away).


We did a 1/2 mile jog for a warm up and then did the 300 work out:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgJtdZOBvc4


Well, okay, there's loads of 300 work outs out there, probably due to the fact that all the guys in the film looked ripped (in no part due to the CGI, huh guys?).


This one was:


30 reps x 10 sets, minimal rest, fastest time possible.
1. Jump squats
2. Staggered push ups
3. Split jumps
4. Explosive push ups
5. prison squats
6. Hindu push ups
7. Band pulls
8. Burpees
9. Pull ups
10. Double crunches



So that's thirty of each.


We did it in 13:02:66.


Not bad, hard on the legs though.  James then took Mike through some bo kata whilst me and Cody practised take downs.  


Then it was time for a swim/float in the sea!


Woo!


Slowly getting the hang of the whole just get in and over come the "it's colder than me" thing, probably because it's so hot here.  Got some nice colour on my shoulders too today.


We then decamped to Woody's, which is an English speaking bar and grill that's beneath an English school (owned by the same bloke).  


It's set up Japanese style, which is to say that there's tables and a bar and the chef cooks at the bar, which is cool.  


Now, at this point I should explain that there's something I've been craving recently, something that I have literally been dreaming about... bacon.  I miss bacon so much and the Japs just cannot do it, not at all.  


But Woody's has bacon.  We saw a bacon cheese burger on the menu and I had to ask if it was "American bacon" or "Japanese bacon"; the chef, who was an American ex pat 20 year Navy guy knew what I was saying.  It was Hungarian bacon, which means European bacon, which means bacon like I recognise it!  






We also had chicken wings in a nice buffalo sauce








Me and Mike had a ravioli starter too that came with this amazing chilli and mango sauce.  Stuff was so good, the chef even told us how to make it ("Get a big bottle of chilli, put some chunks of mango in there").  


And then the main course:




I mean, look at that, isn't it beautiful, and that bacon so crisp, so moreish...


Best bit was the ventilation system was rubbish so we just got to sit there and get covered in the sweet, sweet smell of the bacon...


Then me and James went shopping, firs tot he sport's store for some protein shake powder (needed with all the training) and I bought a cheap armour fit top too, shows of my weight lost nicely!  Vain, I know, but screw you guys, I'm getting to be in the best all round shape of my life, may as well enjoy it whilst it lasts!).


We then went across the road to the Japanese version of an American shopping district. Here's some pictures:




Yes, that is a train for riding around in.




Urrrgh




So, yeah, then back to the house for nap time!


Karate tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Man, James need to set up a training camp for others to come over! Enjoy! Gits!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete