Wednesday 2 June 2010

Sickness!

No posting yesterday as I have caught something :(


Some bug that's going around, makes you really tired and all your joints ache.  Hisano's had it and Shun also seems to have it.


Woke up at 6am yesterday and didn't feel right.  Trained with Shun, who also didn't feel right.  We did a mile or so run (down the long hill and back up) and then pad work.


Two four minute rounds, he has a minute rest, I only took a 30 second break.


Couldn't focus my energy properly, which was annoying.


Then shower, breakfast and taking Angelina to school (queue small Japanese kids staring at me as I wandered along).  Then back and I was suddenly really tired.  I wanted to go to Kobudo so I thought that I'd have a quick nap and then I'd go.


I started my quick nap at 8.30am


Next thing I know it's 1pm and James is ringing me to see if I wanted lunch!


Basically the rest of the day passed with me either sleeping or napping.


Sigh.


Feel a bit better today, just got back from a walk to the shops.  Might train tomorrow, but will wait and see how I feel.


Anyway, how about a discussion on Japanese TV?


Japanese TV is utterly different to UK TV.


There's loads of panel shows for a start.... oh, okay, we have those too.  But these are different, there's these guys who go on all the panel shows and who are famous for going on panel shows...


Just like the UK.


Humm....


Okay, look, they call these guys who appear on the panel shows "Talentos", and they belong to stables, with one main guy running the stable and bringing the younger guys along.  The biggest of the talentos with the best stable is none other than Beat Takeshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_Takeshi).


Different talentos include girl with weird eyebrows, fat guy dressed as school girl, geeky preppy guy and guy with shades (these are the names I'm giving them).  


This is the girl:
Her name is Imoto Ayako and I've got to give her props as she ran a triple marathon last August (getting a world record time too)


Anyway, these talentos go on different panel shows and give their opinions and laugh about things.  The panel shows are even book ends for other shows, especially documentaries.  Whenever a clip is shown in a panel show, they always have little boxes in the corners of the screen showing their reactions.  


On documentary I was watching (and it was about 50 minutes long) had these guys constantly popping up in the corners.  Weird.  


Anyway, that's my take on Japanese TV.   It's like our TV only with chicks with giant eyebrows and fat guys dressed like school girls.  



No comments:

Post a Comment