Tuesday 1 June 2010

Quiet Day

Started today just lazing around the house.  Hot outside so caught some sun and generally chilled.

Then went to Kamefuku with James, had some soba and had a mini adventure going to get gas for the moped.

Here is a picture of a Japanese petrol pump:


James needed to come with me to show me what to do.

First, put the money in.

Then use the touch screen to select how much fuel I wanted.  I put in 1000 Yen and selected "to full" from the menu.

Before I could pump the gas, I needed to touch the hand thing, you see it?  That's an anti static thing.  You need to touch it before it will release the nozzle!

Then I filled up.

It printed a receipt and...

Where was my change?  Filling up had only cost 300 Yen or so...


This machine is the change machine, we learnt.  Your receipt has a barcode which it scans and then it pumps out change!

Those Japanese, huh?

Then back for DIY and gardening.

Afterwards some training:








Tanren work as warm up (with actual tanren I made!), 8 a side, then 6

30k circuit
Deadlift x 5
Clean x 5
Snatch x 6
Front squat x 5
Military press x 5
Burpee bicep x 5

Complete 3 times

Then sand bag twists x 20

5 Pull ups

I was battered from the sparring session last night, which would good.  Took a few knocks to the face
 but nothing major.  Mike was pretty good ad kept me at bay with his jab but once I had a hand on him that was it and we'd end up on the floor and then it was game over.

James was a different kettle of fish.  We played at the end and his range was keeping me at bay, which is another way of saying that I was being a bit of a pussy.  But I actually managed to get in close it went to the floor and James made the mistake of pulling guard.

Lessons learnt:
Maai (distance control) is getting better
Don't be too confident
Beware of getting into a points competition
Always be on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment