Wednesday 28 April 2010

Wednesday training

Maaaaan, what a day.

Up at 5.55 (used to it now, my body automatically wakes me at this time, then I either go back to sleep or get up and train), then down to the Budokan for a quick 1/2 mile jog around the park there. I'm getting into my new running style now, feeling faster, not at my old pace yet, but getting there. We did some front rolling breakfalls on the path... ouch.
In the park there's these sets of parallel bars and pull up bars and all sorts, so we did pull ups (8+6), whole body leg raises, dips (I couldn't due to shoulder), climbed monkey bars and generally moved our body weight. We then jogged on to the next set of exercise equipment, about a 1/4 mile away. Climbed a metal pole twice (arm killer!), did some thrusters with the wooden log set up for that, then 100 squats, then vertical jumps to targets. Finished with 15 slow and deep raised up press ups. At the end my arms were burning, especially my left bicep.

Home, shower, eat, poo... actually, all day I ate, then training at night.

I was taking the class and had a few ideas.

We started with warm up, then breakfalls, then ground movement drills, then standing movement drills (punch, parry). Then put the pads on the attacker, idea being a punch would come in, the tori would parry and the attacker would then give him a few digs with the pads, padded so there was no real pain, but enough to make them realise. Did this for a few rounds each, getting used to taking a flurry. Then introduced the inside hock. So, punch is thrown and parried, attacker then unleashes numerous punches, tori then moves in through the punches and initiates an inside hock. Worked quite well.

After this we did some jumping in drills for throwing (shoulder throw and dropping body, my dropping body is getting MEAN), then leg throws, then strangles. Only taught bar choke/strangle and single wing as the rest rely upon having a gi on the opponent. After that we looked at ways of applying the strangles from attacks. The bar choke was easy enough, but I managed on the fly to come up with a way of applying the single-wing from at attack, which worked well. We then finished with ground work from throws.

Today I am feeling it. Need a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment