Tuesday 6 April 2010

Japan, Day 1

Okay, been quiet on the blog front recently, mostly because work and organising getting here has been utterly utterly manic. Ain't been on facebookm aib't done anything with my mafia wars game... dreadful.
Anyway, Japan.

Getting here was funky: thought I was flying Virgin, but they shifted my flight to some other carier, ANA. Go to their desk and it was a case of, 'We're full, but we'll stick you in business class.'

Result.

Good job too, as the seat reclined and I got good service and generally milked it. I even managed 5 hours sleep during the flight.

So, we land, through customs and then hauling my heavily laden arse across Tokyo to get to my hostel. Not too bad a place. so tired that I forked out extra cash for a single room, and am I not worth it?

Have just gotten back from a trip to mcdonald's and then a wander aroudn the area.

Things I've noted:

1) mcdonalds is different. different taste to auce and fries, different ordering system, different type of shakes.

2) there's no litter anywhere!

3) People are surprised and smile a lot when you say domo and bow.

4) lots of push bikes, and no one chains them to anything.

5) lots of vending machines.

That's it.

Oh, and this place smells different.

Right, tomorrow's game plan is simple: get to tokyo station, book ticket on bullet train (whay cool), dump stuff in locker, then head off for a trip through Tokyo!

Then kyoto!

Catch ya later,

E!

2 comments: