Saturday 24 April 2010

Training and adventures



Shark!


Okay, so there went posting every day.

Thursday was a chill out day, did Traditional Karate in evening, starting to loosen up a bit there.

Friday was early morning fitness:

There's a hill right next to James' house (I'll get a picture), well, James' house is on a hill and there's two ways up. The hard way and the harder way. Yesterday we did the harder way: about 175m at a gradient of 35 degrees, with the last thirty metres shifting up to 45 degrees and the last 10 metres being maybe 60 degrees. Hideous.

We jogged down it and sprinted back up it 6 times.

Real hard. Legs turning to jelly, lungs burning hard.

Then half an hour of pad work, punching, elbowing, combos, etc. Good, really feel my hips and shoulders loosening, feel myself flowing better.

Rest of the day I spent researching the history of our jujitsu lineage, something that's always interested me. I've tracked down some good sources, but there's only so far I can go before I start to run into some brick walls. Be interesting getting over those brick walls.

Or, maybe, smashing them down, there's some strange links and some shady characters you go back a decade, two decades...

Spent Saturday up the island. James and co took me to the second best aquarium in the world (first being in Canada), wicked place. This massive sea park with loads of different exhibitions and stuff. Saw the aquarium and some mega fish, saw a traditional Okinawan village, saw a tropical plants exhibition. So cool.

Tiring day.

Tomorrow's Sunday; am feeling rested and shoulder back to good form, will be sprinting that hill again and some pad work drills, should be awesome. Monday I'm planning on weights in the morning followed by jujitsu in the evening. Shaping up to be a damn fine week.

Also of note, have bought an Okinawan gi. Very much required: lightweight and strong, not as heavy as my judogi. I still sweat loads, but it's lighter, so that feels good.


1 comment:

  1. Widowmaker II sounds evil....I like it.

    Let me know how you get on with the research.

    And get some photos of you training so I can post them on the web site I'll do a progress report.

    ReplyDelete