Friday 2 July 2010

What have I been doing?

Okay, so Friday was meant to be a day of fishing.  It didn't happen though; the rain came in hard from Thursday mid morning and then became a brutal lightening storm that last from about 9pm through to 8am the next day.

I woke up at 2 to get ready to go fishing, noting the lightening, then fell asleep till Rodney woke me at 3 to say he was here.  I got myself together and we headed over to the port, noting the rain and the lightening flash every two minutes or so.  Getting to the port we found no one around and rang the guy who informed us that he'd had to cancel the trip because of the lightening and the fact that the storm's main body was now directly over the place we were going to fish.

Annoying, but we headed back and I went to sleep and woke up totally grouchy and cranky.  Spent the day monging before eventually dragging myself outside for a work out:

Stretch + Shadow boxing
White belt phys (10 press ups, 10 sit ups, 10 leg raises, 10 burpess*)
Pull ups: 6, 6, 5, 4, 4, 3
Yellow belt phys (15 press ups, 15 sit ups, 15 leg raises, 15 burpees*)
Hanging leg raises: 6, 6, 4
Press ups: 20, 10, 10, 10
Bench: 40k x 10 (explosive), 40k x 6 (slow), 50k x 8 (explosive), 50k x 5 (slow)
High cleans from ground 50k x 1, 1, 1
Maki Wara
*Burpees was Ross Burpees, so down, press up, jump up

Then Rodney came round with Cody at 4pm and we headed off to America!  Or Camp Kadena.  Maaaaan was it busy: 4th of July weekend and everyone was shopping for stuff to eat and use.  I picked up some ridiculously cheap Nike training stuff for myself, Cody picked up a car stereo and Rodney bought a BBQ.  This is all at the BX, which is that sort of mall/department store monster.  The one on Kadena is the biggest in the Pacific, and damn it is big, bigger than Tescos Extra in Watford. I also learnt that only Air-force bases have BX's; army and Navy bases have PX's, or Post Exchanges, on account of how they have posts, not bases.  Although I thought that the Navy had bases, but I guess I was wrong.

Then it was off to the commissary to buy meat, fight it out with Americans looking to buy food and generally wonder at all the fat people.

From there we headed back to Tomishiro, dropped our stuff off and headed off to this place:



Yeah, Beer'z. Belongs to a guy called Beer, I guess.

Anyway, it's a sports bar, or was a sports bar when Rodney was last there 5 years ago, now it's more musicy isikia, one of those all you can eat and drink places.  Good food and good selection of alcohol.  Now, and here's the thing, for 3000 Yen (about £25), you can eat as much as you want and drink as much as you want for 3 hours.  Rodney wondered if we would actually eat as much food as the money would pay for, to which I laughed.  I also learnt that the all you can drink menu included whiskey and in that menu was Johnny Walker Black.  Mmmm.  8 glasses later and I'd had my money's worth.

Food wise we had sashimi, including sashimi beef, steak, shrimp, deep fried cheese, steak, chicken, steak, more deep fried cheese, octopus, salmon, steak and steak.



Now, you may be wondering why I mentioned all the steak, well, get this, we ate ALL their steak.  All of it.  In our bellies.  All of it.  They just didn't see us coming.  Well, me coming with my two eating amateurs, but we all made a very valiant attempt at bankrupting the place.

Woke up this morning feeling proud of myself and went for a run.  Did about a mile and a half, all hills and then got back and did 50 burpees.  A lot easier than the last time I've done 50 burpees, so that's good.  It is a hot, hot day now, so I reckon I'll take a nap before exercising again.

No comments:

Post a Comment