Thursday 8 July 2010

210kg!

So, woke up this morning sore and stiff, last night having hit hard and my body feeling it today.  That and the cutting down trees and pulling stumps out of the ground bit.

Anyway, got myself all set to head off to lift weights and... and no house keys.  I'd left them locked in James' car. Doh!  He did have a spare key, however, so I managed to get my house keys out and then head on down to the Budokan.

Cycled, as Betsy is totally dead now and will not start.  Cycled in high gear all the way and felt easy, which is good.

Got there to be confronted by some sort of organised tour or something.  Dunno what they were there for, but they had booklets and diagrams and all sorts.  The nice weight lifter girl who normally serves me looked all nervous.

So, there I was having dragged my tired body to the gym and I could feel that I wasn't feeling it.  But what the hell, huh?  I had intended to hit the deadlift hard and try and break through my earlier 205k.

Did 15 minutes of stretching, covering the floor of the stretching area in sweat.

Then did the benchmark:

20 Push ups (told you I was tired), 6 Pull ups, Chin ups 4, HLR Failed (Yesterday hit that hard), Dips 6.

So, dismal numbers, and still I was in a "hell with this, I'm going for it" type of mood.

Deadlift: 70k x 5, 100k x 5, 120k x 3, 150k x 1, 170k x 1 (belt on), 180k x 1, 190k x 1, 200k x 1, 210k x MISS, 210k x 1!

Totally exhausted, though, with the 210k being a hard lift.  If I'd been less tired, maybe I could have hit 215, maybe 220.  But, still, 210 is good.  30k higher than anything I'd lifted back in the UK.

I then finished off with biceps: 20k x 20 full reps, 10 half reps, 5 full reps.

I was dead and that bike ride home was sloooow.

Shower, nap, food and more food and then Karate.  More informal Bunkai, which is interesting.  Also, my sensei is becoming the Deputy Director of the Okinawan Karate Organisation, which is pretty cool.

Right, sleep is calling.  More adventures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment