Monday 5 July 2010

Great training!

So today I went to register my alien status at the Tomishiro City Office.  It was, I have to say, like stepping into Terry Gilliam's Brazil; desk after desk after desk of bureaucrats, all lined up and waiting to drain your soul.

James was with me and he had to sort some things out to do with his family's stay and he got the worst of it.  I was lucky finding myself with two young bureaucrats who "bent the rules" for me and told me that I didn't need to register as I only had 9 days left.  Not what they'd said at the Immigration Office, but there you go.  Bit of a shame though as I would have liked the card.

Hot day today, went for a run about 2ish in 34 degree heat.  Did 2 miles including Widow Maker I and III and then did 50 burpees, which are getting easier and easier.  When I was training for my Shodan Ho, 50 burpees wasn't that big a thing and it's getting back to that now.  So hot though, I got in the shower right afterwards and ended up sticking it on it's coldest setting.  Still too hot.

Spent 2 hours training in the Budokan with James.  Me and him for an hour and a half with Shun for the last half hour.  Agi sensei also dropped in for a chat.  It was hot in there, up into 36 degrees maybe, and muggy, and so many other people training.  Me and James soaked through our gis and then soaked the floor too.

We worked on throwing, but throwing from a different type of block: real close in, swamping the attacker from inside their guard.  Works very well for hip throw, body drop, shoulder throw, major outer reap and rice bale.  Doesn't work at all for half shoulder, but then half shoulder is in fact a Catch wrestling throw that was brought into the WJJF syllabus; it shouldn't be done from a block to a punch, it should be done from a clinch.  Me and James learnt a lot tonight experimenting with ranges and blocking.  Great session but boy did we sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment