Sunday 4 July 2010

Tired with sore knuckles

I'm real tried and my knuckles hurt.  Am literally staying awake purely to post this and then go to bed.

My knuckles hurt as last night I spent half an hour on the heavy bag, working: one, twos; one, two, hook; snap kick into elbow; power slaps; knees; one, two, hook, hook; and other combinations that I can't remember.  Wearing MMA gloves and they are now fully worn in, though in the process of which I've taken the skin of a few knuckles.  Ah well.

Today we got up early and headed down to the beach.  Idea was simple: do the 300 work out, then follow it with the Bear.  Man, what were we thinking?

Warm up was 1500m jog interspersed with 20 clapping push ups and 15 twisting push ups.
Did the 300 work out in 10:46, which is fast.
James did 11:02, Shun and Cody managed 11:22.
We forgot the bands so did partner rows.  We didn't have bars for the raises so did leg out dips.

Then the Bear with 30kg.
First set was 7 reps, then some silly mug (me) said, "7 reps is too easy, let's do 10."
Urrgh.
Times:
 
JP        00:59:91, 01:37:33, 01:04:05, 00:58:56
EMF    00:40:14, 01:16:38, 01:03:50, 00:55.77
CMC   01:08:55, 01:39:33, 02:33:95, N/A
OS       01:08:45, 02:03:58, 02:14:91, N/A

Then me and James repped out with a further un timed set.  He did 7 reps, I managed 8.

Then home, shower, prepare food and off to Odo beach for BBQ fun!

Great day, Rodney and his family came down, Shun and his friends and Shun's daughter.  Even some of Rodney's wife's friends turned up.

We ate, we drank, we ate and we snorkelled.  Great, great day.

Tried to get some colour on my pasty torso to match my tanned arms and legs.  Sort of had some vague success.

Sad though, probably be the last time I snorkel on the island, which is sad.  I know my adventure has to end and all, but it still hurts me.  Had so much fun out here, learnt so much from the culture, hell, learnt a lot about myself too.  Sad it's got to come to an end.  But, hey, you gotta' grow up some time, huh?

Anyway, sleep is calling me.  Going to sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment